Financial Goals Progress May 2022

Financial Goals For September 2023

Long Term Financial Goal Progress for September 2023

It is the same time of the month again where I provide an update on the progress of myself trying to reach my targeted financial goals for September 2023. The total value of my financial assets decreased from 70.00% to 69.80%.

As this point of writing, the US government is at risk of a possible shutdown. Over the past two days, both the US and Singapore stock market were in a sea of red. Thus, the decline was due to the dip in total value of my stock portfolio.

If you have followed my updates every month, the total value of my financial assets are based on the cash value of the following:

Insurance Savings


As usual, NTUC Revosave continue to reward me with its cash benefit. I know T-Bills are attractive but I will continue to leave the cash benefit deposited with NTUC Income at 3.0% per annum.

The Tiq 3 Year Endowment Plan launched in September provides you with 3.40% p.a. guaranteed maturity returns. To enjoy the additional 1.40% p.a. guaranteed maturity return so that total return is 4.80% p.a., you need to sign up for an Eligible Insurance Plan.

If you are not familiar with Endowment policies, Endowment Policy or plans are life insurance saving plans offered by insurance companies. It is a great way to grow your savings as well given the comparable interest rates to fixed deposits.

Savings accounts (POSB, OCBC, CIMB)


In the month of September, there is almost no changes to the fixed deposit interest rates. For example, CIMB Bank is offering 3.40% per annum for a short 6 months fixed deposit placement.



$10,000 AND ABOVE



$10,000 AND ABOVE

6 months3.403.45
9 months3.353.40
12 months3.153.20

I have depleted most of my war chest and thus shall not be doing further placement of fixed deposits in the short term.

Singapore Savings Bonds

Singapore Saving Bonds continue to be an almost risk free investment. The effective interest rate for SBOCT23 is 3.16% p.a. over a 10 years period. The interest rate continue to be worse than what endowment policies and fixed deposits that I shared above can offer.

Singapore Savings Bonds SBOCT23 GX23100T

Despite the low interest rate, Singapore Savings Bond is a safe haven or place for emergency funds. You can also redeem them anytime because there is no lock in period.

In September, I have collected the following interest payout from the Singapore Savings Bonds that I have bought every month over the years.

  • September 2018 (GX18090T)
  • March 2019 (GX19030Z)
  • September 2022 (GX22090Z)

If you want to predict next month interest rates, check out the 2 guides that I have written on Singapore Savings Bonds.

My Stock Portfolio and Dividend Payout

In September, I received the dividend payouts from Delfi, Mapletree Pan Asia Commercial Trust, CapitaLand Integrated Commercial Trust, Mapletree Logistics Trust and Paragon REIT.


Taking opportunity of the weakness in the Singapore stock market, I executed my strategy of nibbling at REITs at lower prices. I added more of Frasers Centrepoint Trust given that the manager is divesting Changi City Point and selling its Hektar units. The gearing should fall lower to a more comfortable level.

US Portfolio_202309_September

I added two companies that I have been eyeing for a long time into my US stock portfolio. The two companies are Apple (USX:AAPL) and Autodesk Inc (USX:ADSK). Should stock prices crash further, I will accumulate more of them.

Last, I just want to share that I use Stocks Café to keep track of the total value worth of my stocks. Stocks Café is my preferred tool for managing my stock portfolio. It is packed with tonnes of intelligent features such as portfolio monitoring and reporting, dividend tracking, stock screening. All these features are automated which means no manual entry is required.

Summary of Financial Goals for September 2023

As there is a possibility of Fed having another interest rate hike in November 2023, I reminded myself to be more selective in terms of adding more REITs to my stock portfolio.

You can find the latest results of the REITs in my stock portfolio here.

Something to ponder about, what will happen to REITs if the Fed continue to raise their interest rates?

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.