This is not an April Fool’s day joke. There is a promotion for DBS Lifestyle Application users (App Store or Google Play Store) between 29th March to 30th June 2018. If you spend a minimum of S$500 qualifying spend (read more below) within the 3 months, you are entitled to win S$50 worth of cash credits or vouchers. I have signed up for the promotion because it seems like a good deal not to be missed!
The prize and quantity can be found in the terms and conditions. It seems that there are only 3,600 who will win the cash credit.
|S$50 cash credit||3,600|
|S$50 Foodpanda coupon||1,600|
|S$50 Lazada coupon||1,600|
|S$50 Redmart coupon||1,600|
|S$50 Zalora coupon||1,600|
How to Participate
- Install the app via Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Register under the “Pick a Promotion” section.
Spend a minimum of S$500 qualifying spend within 3 months to win the deal. The app does the tracking for you. It is as easy as that!
The tricky part is the qualifying spend. For a moment, I thought I can easily meet the minimum spend if I pay my monthly bills. But no, bill payment is not a qualifying spend!
Below is extracted from the terms and conditions.
“Qualified Spend” is based on posted online/in-app purchases in local and foreign currencies, excluding
refund(s), into the Card Account during the Qualifying Period and exclude the following:
- payments to government institutions (court cases, fines, bail and bonds, tax payment, postal services,
parking lots and garages, intra-government purchases and any other government services not classified
- payments to financial institutions (including banks and brokerages);
- payments to insurance companies (sales, underwriting, and premiums);
- payments to telecommunications providers;
- all bill payments;
- payment of funds to prepaid accounts and merchants who are categorized as “payment service providers” and/or “online payment gateway”. For example, Mileslife.com, MoneySend, Skrill.com,
Matchmove.com, SmoovPay, CardUp, iPaymy;
- payments to schools, hospitals, professional service providers and payment for parking lots;
- EZLink transactions;
- payments made via AXS and SAM;
- NETS transactions;
- balance transfers, cash advance, My Preferred Payment Plan, and any fees and charges (including annual
fees, interest charges, cheque processing fees, administrative fees, cash advance fees, finance charges
and/or late payment charges and other miscellaneous fees and charges);
- Installment Payment Plan (“IPP”) transaction(s);
- betting (including lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, off-track betting, and wagers at race tracks)
through any channel;
- any other transactions determined by DBS from time to time